The place doesn't actually get that great of reviews, but it certainly is well known (and people seem to love at festivals and winter markets). A lot of the hype seems to be the unique serving style (in takeout Chinese food containers), and the fact that you can get a bit blog of burrata perched on top. Still, I had hope. Alas.
![]() |
| Storefront. |
I did not visit the actual restaurant, but I have walked by it many times. Instead, they came to us with a catering setup.
The restaurant has a very streamlined menu of basically just gnocchi, but for our event, it was even more minimal, only two options, alla vodka or al pesto. No toppings or add-ons. Boo. At the actual restaurants, you can add burrata (definitely what gets all the Instagram notice), or shrimp. They also have a few more sauce options to choose from, such as bolognese, cacio e pepe, truffle alfredo, along with a gluten free version, and salad and tiramisu to round it out.
![]() |
| Gnocchi alla Vodka. |
I'll cut right to chase. I did not like this.
The gnocchi was gloopy. Way too mushy. The sauce reminded me of something very, very distinct, instantly: Chef Boyardee. Or actually, I guess Campbells, as it gave VERY strong SpaghettiOs flashbacks. Granted, I haven't tried those in many, many years but my brain identified the taste shockingly fast.
I did not like this. 1/5.


0 comments:
Post a Comment