Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Restaurante L'Arca D'En Peter, Alcudia

Remember back when I went to Mallorca?  Kinda as part of a business trip?  Yeah, that happened, and it was filled with adventures such as 12 course dining at the Michelin starred Jardín (because, yes, they have Michelin starred restaurants there, and yes we sought them out!), an epic trek to Restaurant Club de Golf Alcanada, and casual beachside dining at Playero.  It also included a visit to old town, on our very last day, and the discovery of a phenomenal piña colada. 

Somehow, during that last afternoon, we wound up all together in the middle of old town, in the market area, in a courtyard, at Restaurante L'Arca D'En Peter.  Not for a meal, but for one last island appropriate drink before heading to the airport.  It was hot, and we had been treking around the market and taking in our last of the sights before leaving, and, wow, these drinks hit the spot.
Mojito, Piña Colada.
The mojito was for Emil, who didn't normally drink these kind of drinks, but on islands, his drinking rules all changed.

The piña colada was mine.  All mine.  Even if someone else had wanted a sip, I wouldn't have given it to them (Ok, fine, I probably would have, but I wouldn't have been happy about it!).

This was, hands down, the best piña colada that I've ever had.  It was perfectly frothy, particularly on top.  The pineapple flavor was strong and refreshing. The coconut was equally as strong, and indulgent.  The rim was sugar lined, and then covered in I think raspberry syrup (perhaps cherry?).

I adored this.  Literally, best piña colada that I've ever had.  Nothing about it that I would change.

*****.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails