Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Hotto Doggu, Montreal

There never was a story of more woe, than that of Blogger, eating my review ...

Sigh.

Several years ago, I spent a few days in Montreal for work, and had quite an epic eat-fest, at least in terms of junk food, as you may recall from my reviews of some seriously fancy soft serve at Chocolats Favoris and La Diperie, and learning all about Queues de Castor, er, BeaverTails.

I also sought out dinner one night, at Hotto Doggu, a Japanese style hot dog establishment.  The place was *perfect* for me, even though it sounded too trendy for its own good.  Yes, technically they do have hot dogs, but none are anything like what you are used to, the proteins, the toppings, and even the buns in some cases are replaced by, uh, ramen.  And yes, they have fries, but, um, they are treated as if they are okinomiyaki.  Toppings galore.

I actually had a fantastic meal, and wrote it all up, but alas, Blogger somehow, um, ate my review.

So here you have it.  Pictures only.

But trust me, that fried tempura shrimp hot dog, with krab salad and teriyaki sauce on top, with spiral okinomiyaki fries ... zomg, it was a memorable meal.
Front Counter.

Snack Items for Sale.

Drinks.
English Menu.

Window Counter Seating.

Ebi doggu with Okinomiyaki Fries. Extra spicy mayo.
"Shrimp tempura, cucumber, crab stick, red onion, teriyaki sauce."

Ebi close up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails