Friday, November 19, 2021

Sweet Maple Confections

"Sweet Maple Candy is a manufacturer and distributor of world's best jawbreakers, pressed dextrose candies and gumballs. Their dextrose candies are known for their superior flavors and amazingly beautiful finish. Their product line also includes great tasting gumballs and jawbreakers in a variety of sizes and flavors."
Discovering Sweet Maple introduced me to a style of confection I didn't know the name of.  "Pressed dextrose candies".  Aha.  That is what hard sugary candies that are made out of basically just compacted sugar are called!  I had no idea.  Think Runts, SweeTARTS, that sort of thing.  And, Sweet Maple specializes in them.

I've tried several shapes and style, and I must say, I didn't know I liked pressed dextrose candies, but, apparently I do!
Silly Bananas.
"What a colorful candy assortment! Silly Bananas have the same fruity taste and pressed candy texture as Banana Heads, but you get a nice color mix of pink, orange, blue, green, and of course, yellow."

These were just fun to eat.  Really, just sugary and sweet and kinda fruity, and I'm pretty sure they all were the same flavor, but they were sooo hard and crunchy and actually just awesome by the small handful.

I know they don't sound special, but, I really enjoyed them (once I got over wishing the yellow ones were banana flavored like Runts).

****.
Flower Garden Mix Up.
"Sweet-tart and crunchy, these pretty posies are flower-fully delicious!"

The "Flower Garden" mix was similar, same texture that I really did like, sweet sweet sweet, and slightly tart.  Like a harder SweeTARTS.

Again, simple, but, quite enjoyable.  I liked the form of the Silly Bananas more for some reason though. ***+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails