Friday, December 27, 2019

Toblerone

Toblerone.

A very old chocolate maker, created over 100 years ago in Switzerland (now owned by a US based company).  Well known, but at least for me, not entirely commonplace, although I first encountered the brand many years ago, when I participated in selling them as a school fundraiser.

I've somehow never reviewed it before, so when I recently received a bar as a gift, I was mostly excited to have something new to review (and try).

I liked it, pleasantly surprised by it, really.  I think I had written it off in my mind as just a school fundraiser chocolate, and not actually quality.
Distinctive Packaging.
Toblerone is unique in that it comes in a distinctive form factor, the entire bar is triangular, with triangle shaped peaks, which you can easily break off.
Distinctive Shape.

Bar sizes are done by peaks - e.g. a mini is 3 peaks, the largest bars are 12 peaks.
While they do make a number of varieties now, including white chocolate, filled versions, and more, the standard formula is not just plain milk chocolate, but rather milk chocolate with honey, almonds, and nougat.
Swiss Milk Chocolate with Honey and Almond Nougat.
I'm sure I tried other varieties back in the day, but on this occasion, I had just the classic.

The milk chocolate was smooth, creamy, and the style I do like.  The bits of nougat and almond added pleasant texture.  The honey was a good sweet accent.

Overall, it just came together quite well.  Creamy, smooth, sweeter than average milk chocolate due to the honey, a bit of texture.  Seems like a winning combo to me, and I gladly polished off the bar over the course of a few mornings alongside my coffee.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails