Friday, April 01, 2022

Cheez-Its

Cheez-it.  You know, the square, orange, fake-cheesy, thin, baked crackers.  Not an item I have ever liked.  Not as a child, not as an adult, just, not my thing.  At all.  

They come in several flavors now, besides the "original", and they come in larger size if you please, but none of those have ever appealed to me either.  I've entirely ignored this brand basically my entire life.

But when they came out with a new line, "Grooves", in 2020, I decided to give them a try.

Grooves

"Bold Flavor, Big Crunch."
Grooves don't look particularly like Cheez-Its, besides being square, as they are bigger, a bit thicker, and are, well, grooved.  They come in 4 flavors: Bold Cheddar, Sharp White Cheddar, Zesty Cheddar Ranch, and trendy Scorchin' Hot Cheddar.
Sharp White Cheddar.
"Cheez-It Grooves® bring you deep flavor and deep crunch, with huge white cheddar grooves. Cheez-It Grooves® Sharp White Cheddar crispy snack crackers are made with 100% real cheese to bring you that irresistibly cheesy, sharp white cheddar flavor!"

I tried the sharp white cheddar, and liked them more than any other Cheez-Its, or, really, than any other cheesy snack in recent memory.

The Grooves form factor really is better: crispier, crunchier, yet lighter at the same time.  The white cheddar flavor was decently sharp, and had a slight "grown up" taste to it.  These aren't your child's Cheez-its, is what they seem to be saying.

Would I go purchase them?  No.  But did I finish my bag, and find myself kinda drawn to them?  Yup.

***+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails