Friday, May 27, 2022

Snack Bars by Two Degrees

It has been a while since I've reviewed snack bars, but that doesn't mean I've stopped trying them.  As I'm frequently on the go, snack bars play an important role in my life.

I'm always glad to discover a new brand, particularly one with good sounding flavors. Two Degrees not only has bar that sound tasty, they are a good company.
"2 Degrees is a small food company with a big mission. They want to end childhood hunger around the world.  How does it work? For every bar you buy, they feed a hungry child. That’s it. Simple concept, simple business model."
I didn't dig into the details besides seeing that they do truly donate 1-for-1 to feed a malnourished child in Malawi, Somalia, India, or Haiti. I was happy to purchase a few bars in support of this mission.
"2 Degrees bars are just as simple too. They took a handful of healthy, gluten free and vegan ingredients, mixed them in a bowl, and shaped them using magic into delicious, nutritious snack bars."
Two Degrees makes exclusively vegan, gluten-free bars, and they aren't filled with protein isolates and chemicals.  All feature a base of millet, chia seeds and quinoa flake.
Chocolate Banana.
“This bar boasts un-sulphured dried bananas, vegan bittersweet chocolate chips, crisped rice and ground sunflower seeds. Bright banana tones compliment a balanced chocolate presence against a delectable cocoa background.” 

The first bar I tried was chocolate banana.

This had a subtle banana flavor (which was nice, as I didn't want too strong banana), but not nearly enough chocolate flavor.  It had a fairly healthy taste to it due to the sunflower seeds/chia/quinoa/millet.

It was fine, but not great.  I did like the textures and crunch.

***.
Apple Pecan.
“Slightly tart from the dried apples and lightly spiced with cinnamon, this bar was crafted to be like a chewy and crunchy apple pie. We added dried figs and plums along with sesame and sunflower seeds to compliment the toasted pecan pieces.” 

Next up, apple pecan.

This one was actually really good.  It had big chunks of dried apple which gave it a ton of flavor, and plenty of pecans.  I love pecans and the apple + pecan combo was a good one.  This one really did channel dessert vibes.

Definitely my favorite, and I enjoyed it several times, always thinking it was better than I expected.

****.
Chocolate Peanut.
“Filled with crunchy peanuts and bittersweet vegan chocolate chips that are blended with chunky peanut butter. Juicy raisins and the added touch of sea salt make it seductively sweet and savory.” 

Next, the one I thought I'd like the most, chocolate peanut.

It ... was just standard granola bar.  A nice chewy granola bar, but not much chocolate or peanut flavor.  It had lots of crunchy bits from the assorted grains, large peanuts so there was some peanut flavor, but the raisins were too prominent for me, since I don't like raisins in my bars.  Soft and sweet, but not my thing. 

**+.

[ No Photo ]
Cherry Almond.
“Teeming with dried tart cherries, this bar is replete with crunchy almonds and almond butter. Dried plums and plum butter give an added robust flavor that only stone fruits can provide. Our signature crunchy texture shines with the addition of nutrient-dense sunflower seeds.” 

Last I tried cherry almond.  It was pretty good - nice flavor from the cherries, and like the others, a great crunch to it.  The cherries made it a sticky style, and they were quite tart, so it had a bit of punch to it.  My second favorite bar.

***.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails