Thursday, May 26, 2022

Nuii Ice Cream, Germany

 One of my favorite things about travel, particularly to other Google offices, is that most have ice cream freezers, stocked with local ice cream novelties.  Maybe they get boring to the locals, but to me, this is always a highlight.  My recent trip to Munich was no different, and I was thrilled to see the ice cream freezer remained well stocked throughout my trip, although with totally different products from the last time I was there (sadly, no more Mövenpick).

"Every Nuii ice cream uses the smoothest dairy ice cream, bursting with exciting textures and flavour, with ingredients carefully picked to evoke a feeling of adventure and discovery."

This time, one brand that was stocked was Nuii, with their range of "ice cream adventure" bars.  These bars are available in a slew of tempting flavors, all of which feature a location specific ingredient.  Eating the bar is supposed to be like taking you on an adventure there.  Get it?  So there is the "Caramel white chocolate & Texas pecan" for a trip to Texas, "Salted caramel & Australian macadamia" to visit Australia, "Dark chocolate & nordic berry", etc.

I'm not really sure where Nuii is from, as the products have worldwide appeal.

Coconut & Indian Mango
"Coconut dairy ice cream swirled with Indian mango and passion fruit sorbet, covered with white chocolate with coconut chips coated in coconut sugar and caramelised coconut flakes."

"India is known as a spiritual, botanical and culinary place and it is the homeland of the Alphonso Mango - which is often referred to as the "King of Mangos". We take this velvety smooth mango and mix it with passion fruit to create a fruity sorbet that we fold into a creamy coconut ice cream. We cover it all in white chocolate and coconut flakes to deliver multi-layered freshness and an exotic touch."

The first bar, er "ice cream adventure", I tried was the coconut & indian mango bar.  I was drawn in by love of both coconut and mango, and the white chocolate shell I could see on the wrapper.

I did love the thick white chocolate shell with crispy caramelized coconut flakes in it.  Super sweet, but really tasty.  However, I didn't really like it with what was inside ...
Coconut & Indian Mango: Inside.
Inside was ice cream, fairly smooth and creamy, and I actually thought it was vanilla, as I didn't taste much (any?) coconut.  That was fine.  

But the sorbet swirl I really didn't care for.  The fruity mango was super sweet and ok, but the passion fruit really surprised me (I didn't read description first to know it was there), and, well, it was just way way too sweet.  This was super tropical and fruity, and not what I was in the mood for.  With the delicious white chocolate shell it all was just sweet on sweet on sweet.

So, sadly, not what I wanted, but I think it is a well made product, and ideal for someone who wanted a sweet fruity treat.

**+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails