Friday, April 08, 2022

Doctor Kracker

Take one wild guess what sort of products "Doctor Kracker" makes?  I'll give you a clue: they make three different styles: "snackers", "culinary crisps", and "crispbreads".   Yup, all are basically ... crackers.  Er, krackers?

"The Doctor delivers! Seeds and whole grains are packed with vitality, protein, fiber and essential fatty acids. They are nature's nutritional powerhouse and form the basis of Dr. Kracker's award winning flavors. With Dr. Kracker you get the rich, toasty taste of organically grown whole grains and whole seeds, as well as an abundance of plant-based protein, heart healthy fiber and essential micronutrients. All this is in a healthy cracker that can be enjoyed alone or paired with almost anything. When it comes to wholesome whole grain goodness packed into an artisan baked and tasty cracker, Dr. Kracker delivers!"
The "snackers" are bite size crackers, loaded with seeds and whole grains, and come in three flavors: "klassic" 3 seed, pumpkin cheddar, and "seedlander".  The "culinary crisps" are also bite size crackers, but they come in a re-sealable bag.  Honestly, that is the only difference I see between the product lines, other than the flavors, the later of which comes in garlic parmesan, asiago cheese, or apple oat crunch.  And finally, the "crispbreads", which look like just bigger versions of the snackers, available in the same three flavors, and also in whole wheat or spelt.
"Whole grain strong. Whole grains, whole seeds. Simply delicious all by themselves. Even more delicious with your favorite dips or toppings."
Anyway, Doctor Kracker market themselves as being more than just crackers, in that they can standalone, or be used with toppings.
Pumpkin Cheddar Snack Flat.
The astute reader will realize that I never said anything about snack flats.  No, those weren't one of the 3 product lines I mentioned.  These aren't listed on their web site as a product line, but is what they brought to the snack fair my office was holding.  The best I can tell, the snack flat is half the size of a crispbread, larger than a snacker?  Perhaps a new line they are launching?

Anyway, I first tried one plain.  After all, they claim you don't need toppings.  Cheddar and pumpkin seeds seemed like they'd be more than enough to stand alone.  And they did have a lot of flavor.  Unfortunately, the flavor I tasted most was bitter flax.  I wouldn't have picked one up if I had realized there was quite so much flax in it.

I can't give these an unbiased review, as I'm sure if you like flax, your experience of these will be very different from mine.  But in my world, these were not at all good, and I didn't even want a second bite.

*+.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails